At 13 commits and aren't pushing for any one person to commit right now..
- Only one spot is open as of today.
- If Jay Woods wanted to commit then they would likely take his pledge at this time.
- Woods is looking to make a decision fairly soon...He has a visit lined up to UGA fairly soon and they are the clear leader for his services as of today. He has also told the Georgia Tech coaching staff that he will take a visit to the Flats again before he makes his commitment. The other major player in this race is Vanderbilt.
- John Marvin has received a written offer from Louisville...however he is a solid commitment to the Yellow Jackets at this point
- Chris Griffin has received written offers from Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida International, Central Florida, South Florida, Middle Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, South Alabama, Maryland, Louisville and Florida Atlantic.
- Chris said he is "absolutely solid" to Georgia Tech.
- Another name that has been popular among Georgia Tech fans lately is Stacy Thomas....a defensive player from Florida.
- He has said that his top three is Florida, Florida State and Georgia Tech...however it appears at this time that he is not a take for any of these schools.
- Georgia Tech isn't sure where he would play in the 3-4 defense...he's a tweener as he measured in at almost 6'1. Thomas plays better inside than he does outside so it seems he isn't a great fit for the 3-4 defnese that Al Groh runs.
- DLJay Ellison isn't being pushed the Georgia Tech coaches at this time but they are still actively recruiting him...he is also hearing a lot from Michigan State and Ole Miss.
- Ellison needs to reshape his body which is why a lot of schools cooled on him.
- UCLA commit Myles Jack is planning a trip to Georgia Tech this fall as an official visit.
- Jack has said he wants to play linebacker in college over running back and that Georgia Tech is giving him the option to chose which he wants to play...The staff loves him at B-back and that is likely where he would end up if he signed with Tech.
-Tech is the main competition to UCLA but Utah is also a factor...the big negative for Georgia Tech is that he wants to stay on the West coast.
- Darius Commissiong is a little more solid to Georgia Tech now after talking to Al Groh.
- Delando Crooks is not hearing from Georgia Tech as often as he use to....he's been hearing a lot from Stanford and they are likely his leader at this point. He was close to becoming a Yellow Jacket at one point.
- The staff is thrilled with the offensive line commits they have right now with Griffin, Hall and Devine.
- Devine has been hearing from a Georgia Tech coach almost everyday. They think he is the most talented lineman they have landed while at Georgia Tech.
Already have an account? Sign In