Georgia Tech wrapped National Signing Day up early on Wednesday, receiving 14 letters of intent just after 10:00 a.m. ET. With four-star offensive tackle Shamire DeVine rounding out the group, the Yellow Jackets avoided any more huge surprises after the string of decommitments in recent weeks.
Here's a rundown of all 14 recruits.
1) Travis Custis (RB) Lovejoy High School, Hampton, Ga. - The first LOI in on Wednesday, Custis helped lead Lovejoy to the GHS 6A Championship at the Georgia Dome. Tashard Choice also came from Lovejoy. Expectations seem pretty high already. Measures in at 6-foot-0, 215 lbs.
2) Paul Davis (LB) Cairo High School, Cairo, Ga. - He likes to be called P.J., so hopefully he and Paul will get along right off the bat. The 5-foot-11, 215 lb. linebacker could see early action on special teams in 2013.
3) Ty Griffin (QB) McEachern High School, Atlanta, Ga. - At 6-foot-0, 185 lbs., Griffin is a dual-threat quarterback who spent the majority of his time at running back in 2012. Early indications hint at him possibly moving around on the depth chart.
4) Harrison Butker (K) Westminster High School, Decatur, Ga. - The No. 6 ranked kicker on 247, Butker won two state championships in soccer. Coach Johnson noted he may be used at punter as well.
5) John Marvin (DB) Fort Walton Beach High School, Fort Walton Beach, Fla. - The 6-foot-1, 190 lb. defensive back played running back as well in high school, along with competing in the 100m and 200m on the track team. Coach McCollum likes the fact that he provides a physical body in the secondary.
6) Ricky Jeune (WR) Saint Joseph Regional High School, Montvale, N.J. - Jeune can "stretch the field vertically" according to Coach Speed, but he's also a physical wideout. At 6-foot-3, 205 lbs., he can create matchup problems for opposing secondaries.
7) Antonio Messick (WR) Fayette County High School, Fayetteville, Ga. - Coach Preston compared Messick to Stephen Hill, setting the bar high for the 6-foot-3, 193 lb. wideout. The highlight reel showed a few impressive catches with great vertical, along with a huge kickoff return for a touchdown.
8) Kevin Robbins (LB) Bishop McNamara High School, Forestville, Md. - Robbins' father played at Michigan State, but that had no bearing on his final decision. At 6-foot-4, 230 lbs., Robbins could play defensive end or linebacker in Ted Roof's new defense.
9) Donovan Wilson (RB) Jerome High School, Dublin, Ohio - Wilson rushed for 424 yards in high school game, and six touchdowns in another. It's safe to say he'll fit right in with this offense. A workhorse runner, he might look better at A-back.
10) Chris Griffin (OT) Wakulla High School, Crawfordville, Fla. - Coach McCollum went on and on about this kid. Apparently the two spent plenty of time together down in Florida. At 6-foot-6, 272 lbs., Griffin is "mean as hell", according to McCollum. He stayed firm in his verbal to Tech after multiple schools came after him recently.
11) Justin Akins (DE) Jackson High School, Jackson, Ga. - The 6-foot-4, 240 lb. defensive end should play outside rush end in Tech's 4-3 defense, according to Coach Speed, who noted his great motor and attitude.
12) Darius Commissiong (DT) Bishop McNamara High School, Forestville, Md. - Several big names tried to make a run at Commissiong late, but he kept his commitment to Tech. After recently dropping weight, now 6-foot-3, 305 lbs., he should be in better shape for the spring.
13) Corey Griffin (DB) Sandy Creek High School, Tyrone, Ga. - Previously committed to UAB, the 6-foot-2, 195 lb. defensive back should stay at safety. Coach Roof praised his versatility.
14) Shamire DeVine (OT) Tri-Cities High School, Atlanta, Ga. - The highest rated commit for the Jackets, he is a monster to add to the front five. Coach Preston said DeVine is "every bit of 6-foot-7" and currently weighs around 335 to 345 lbs. You can't coach size. He'll provide plenty of room for backs to fall in behind.
Georgia Tech is still in the mix for two possible recruits. Expect to hear from them in the coming days.